LIFE AT THE COTTAGE

Friday, May 28, 2010

In the Pink



Some time ago, I promised I would show you the type of goodies I sell at the antiques and collectibles shows I do.

To narrow it down, I've decided to focus on a pink theme. 

Remember how I shared with you that selling pink pretties is one of the ways I get my pink fix? I just use it at home, for a time, then sell it.

The beautiful 1950s Pinkie print, pictured above, hung in my bedroom for a while.  I loved the soft colors of this vintage print and the sweet face of the young girl. 
 

That's her hiding in the background–hanging on the vintage shutters–at a show I did at the Raleigh Flea.

I was torn about removing her from her place in my cottage.  But she ended up going home with someone who had been searching for her for a very long time.  She has taken up residence alongside Blue Boy in her new home.


There are splashes of pink throughout this vignette.  Isn't that 50s record holder the bomb?


Say hello to Molly.  She collects vintage toiletries and fell in love with this old Oil of Olay jar in my booth.  She cleans the vintage containers she purchases and refills them with her brands to use on her vanity.

What a great idea, Molly!


I sold this wonderful old farm cabinet at the antique fair I did in Cameron, NC.  I'll be sharing more about that show with you in a future post.

Though I owned this piece for about fifteen years, I never used it inside my other home.  When we moved to the farm, I brought it inside to house my TV and stereo equipment.


Did you notice the pretty pops of pink on top?


Because of my love of children, I'm always drawn to vintage baby items.  

Here are a few of the things I displayed at the Big Classic show back in April.  The face on that baby in the print above was just too cute!

Now follow me over to Beverly's place for the second birthday celebration of Pink Saturday.

16 comments:

  1. Hey up there. I just wanted to let you know that I have the same oil-of-olay bottle. All of my mom's face creams and makeup I still have. Nice to see it on the web!
    Great job Molly!
    Melissa from GA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great finds, pity you're so far away.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pinkie print & the old scale...lot's of fun stuff! I'd have a hard time parting with some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that same print but mine is mostly peach and not pink and it hangs in my Living Room.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Memorial Weekend my friend…Hugs and Smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't if I would have the stamina to get rid of those lucious pinks. I took a gander at your sale from April--that brown transferware is to die for. Beautiful chair and photo vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great items!
    But, now I'm feelin rrreeeeaaallllyyyyy old. That Olay jar ain't that old!!!! (sniff, sniff)I think I'll go in and put on more makeup now.
    Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your images are pristine...just lovely...and your antiques are so lovable.


    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cuteness every where!!! Yum! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! Happy Pink Saturday. I was thinking pink in oil of olay the other day! Ha. Some pretty pinks...and old and wonderful stuff! :) Love it! I do remember you saying that your antiques are one way you get to have pinks in the house. How fun is that! THanks, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Pinkie, in fact, I just went to visit her at the Huntington Museum not that long ago. Hope you had a wonderful Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Pink Saturday!! Love your pics! Hope to see you at my blog sometime! XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to own a pink print like the first pic and a matching boy in blue. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty classic pinks- love 'em!

    Sorry for the late PS visit- so many pinks, so little time this long holiday weekend!

    Happy belated PS!

    In Shoes We Trust,
    Maggie Mae
    "Do These Shoes Match This Purse?"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Pink Saturday, Liz. We've been pinking together for a few months now. I am so glad you decided to participate, and thank you for everything you do to make Pink Saturday special.

    Thank you for the birthday wishes, and showing all of your beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment.