LIFE AT THE COTTAGE

Friday, May 7, 2010

Maximum Exposure



I've spent the past two days rummaging through tons of junk antiques and collectibles looking for odds and ends needed to finish several projects here at the cottage.

I love, love, love spending time at this place.  It's like being on a perpetual treasure hunt.  You just never know what you'll find!

The Yankee pretty much has to pull me out of there–kicking and screaming–each time I visit!


And talking to the owner, Don Cline, is almost as much fun as digging through his acres of goodies. 

He knows so much about the items he surrounds himself with that to ask him a question about one of them is like taking a junker's history class.


On this last visit, he shared a little secret with me.  Shall I share it with you?  Do you really want to know?


Cline's Antiques was selected as the site for a major photo shoot for the largest privately held retail store chain in the U.S.  Is that not the coolest?!


The photographers and models spent almost a week shooting there–for an ad campaign that will appear in each of their stores across the country.  Talk about maximum exposure!


It's so much fun to get the inside scoop on things!


And now you, my blogging buddies, have privy to the latest buzz as well!


While we're unsure exactly which images will be used–from the numerous spots they shot from–


there's a very good chance that some of the images you see here will be part of their campaign.

Be sure to keep a watch at your local Belk stores to see if you can spot my favorite junkin' haven in their displays. 

Until then...I'll be thinking of you–each time I go digging for diamonds ; )

6 comments:

  1. This looks like such a wonderful place to go hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD GRAVY...he has a lot of "stuff"...he must have had most of it for a very long time.
    But you never know what you are going to find next to or under some rusty piece or other, do you ?
    That will be an interesting AD that is coming out of that shoot at his place.

    VERY CURIOUS.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Belks! I bought my senior prom dress there, worked through college at a Belks and purchased my wedding dress there 22 years ago last month. That store holds so many memories for me. :)
    Good luck hunting for those diamonds. I hope you find them!
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,

    Oh, what great photos -- I wish I could visit that place myself. :)

    By the way, I just read about your giveaway. You didn't mention if it's open internationally, so I haven't signed up yet. It would be great if you let me know. :)

    Greetings from Munich,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz, we seriously need to meet up here sometime later in the summer when hubby is back from Afghanistan. I am working like crazy trying to find things to replenish the booth by October..ahh the work but also the fun.
    tammy - your cameron day buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I miss it? What's the secret!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment.