LIFE AT THE COTTAGE

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Time Travel Thursday #47 - A Little Detour


Welcome to the 47th Time Travel Thursday linky party at the Brambleberry Cottage!

Are you ready to do some traveling? Great; 'cause time never stands still!


While I was in town today, I thought I would take a fun little detour.


As you know, I live in a very small farming community, on the edge of a beautiful national forest.

And though the population of this quaint little place is quite small, there are still some rather charming spots for shopping—or to just while away the time. 


At first glance, one might mistakenly think this particular shop to be nothing more than a cozy little cottage—like so many others found around town—

save the fact, virtually every square inch of porch and yard space is loaded to the hilt with tempting treasures.



Does farmhouse style strike your fancy?  You'll find plenty of it here.

How about rustic and primitive?  There's quite an array of that, as well.


If you're like me, anything garden related draws you in like a moth to a flame.

And it just so happens THAT is the predominant theme here.



Being a true farm girl at heart, I love barns, outbuildings, and sheds of all types.



So the rustic charmers in the backyard of this sweet spot add to the overall enjoyment of the shopping experience.

And to think, all this is just a hint of what is OUTSIDE!


 Even more eye-catching delights await INSIDE.


The original architectural components of this old house-turned-shop—bead board walls, fireplaces enveloped by old wooden surrounds and mantels, paneled doors wearing vintage hardware, large paned windows, etc.—are still intact.

It's those nods to the past that help to make this such a delightful place to browse for treasure.


There's quite an assortment of goodies to choose from:  candles, metal wall art...


heavenly-scented diffuser oils...



and charming floral arrangements—to name but a few.


A wide array of decorating styles is represented here, as well:

country...


antique and vintage...


beachy, seaside...


and even shabby chic.

Not too bad for a town that's nothing more than a blip on a map, huh?


So, if for any reason you find yourself touring the tiny township of Denton, NC...

be sure to stop by Wall To Wall.

Hey, while you're here, maybe you and I can even "do lunch"!  ; )

Linking to Diane's for 2nd Time Around Tuesday, Susan's for Outdoor Wednesday, Mary's for Share the Love Wednesday, Suzanne's for Vintage Thingie Thursday, and Tracie's for Cottage Flora Thursdays.

IF YOU LINK TO THE PARTY, PLEASE BE SURE TO LINK BACK TO THE BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE ON YOUR BLOG.

23 comments:

  1. I have weathered wood similar to that shed leaning against my garage. Yes, I have a soft spot for rustic, garden, and primitive. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh,
    What an amazing post, Liz! I love those rockers and that mailbox is incredible!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonder to have such an enchanting place in so small a town. I've visited a couple in the CA Gold Country that are very out of the way. And - they are nothing but shops and galleries and magic. It's a wonderful way to keep an old town alive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That definitely looks like the kind of place I would love to shop at! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man - do I love the scrolly thing on the door in the fifth picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like I would be in shopping Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun and inspiring place...like stepping back in time...full of vintage charms around every corner. Thanks for taking us along on the tour :) Thanks also for hosting!
    Q~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now, I would LOVE to go to WALL TO WALL with a purse full of money. :))
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous store...I must admit, I am a bit envious. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fantastic store to visit! & you are so lucky to have sunshine! Loving all the goodies in your photo's...thanks for sharing at Cottage Flora Thursday's. xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is wonderful how many beautiful things, it is a real treasure!
    You live in a beautiful place.

    Have a nice day and best regards

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for hosting this fun event ~ I've just linked up some vintage wedding photos. Seems I've got weddings on the brain! :0)

    Such an adorable cottage shop ~ and I love the name! I wish we had more places like that around here. Seems my favs are quickly going out of business. But I try to help by shopping too much, says my hubby!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for taking us shopping!! Love old homes with original architecture.
    Have a great day! Thanks for hosting.
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the tour! I found some neat things just by browsing through your little town. Thank you for hosting again this week--love being here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would never get anything done at home if I lived near this shop. I would love to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Liz! What a great place. Not sure if you know, but I'm a florist. We're in a 1850's Fock lathe house...we love it..Been in biz for 39 yrs this Oct. If ya go thru my blog a few posts///the most wonderful time of the year///
    you'll see a pic of the outside. I just goind in places like this one when we're out riding.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Omg! heaven for sure!!
    I hear ya..one farm girl to another, about the out buildings ♥♥
    Lucky you to live so close to such a wonderful eye candy shop!
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that little out building!! How cute is that!!
    I wish places like that could talk.........

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enjoyed the virtual shopping trip! Thanks so much for linking to 2nd Time Around!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lorrie@The Victorian Rabbit said...I am so sorry some how I manage to link the same project three times. I am one embarrassed bunny. So sorry, I am still learning and pretty new to blogging. I love your site, and am really liking you link party. I will totally understand if you want to delete a couple of my posts. Have a great weekend, with love from the Victorian Rabbit

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that store. Thanks for the link up party, and I am now following. I thought I was before, but maybe that was under my twitter account and not google. Oh well, I may be following twice.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to get lost in a place like this and then enjoy a nice lunch with you. Thanks for sharing this fun spot. I was in NC about 3 1/2 years ago and remember a place like this, but it was closed:( Wish I could remember exactly where it was.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment.